Each section has its own account and an amount each year where you can apply for coverage of expenses to:

  • conferences
  • minor travel expenses for meetings
  • books
  • submission fees

If you want to apply for funding from your section, you need to fill in the application form (in the box to the right) of the section that you are in and send it to your head of section*, who, if it is approved, will sign your application. Please forward a copy of the signed approval to one of the research secretaries of your section.

You cannot commit to any expenses (i.e. order, buy or pay anything) before you have applied and obtained approval from your head of section (unless you choose to do so at your own risk).

You must scan and attach the signed approval to your expense settlement in RejsUd.

Coverage of expenses for data must also be approved by your head of section, but will be forwarded to and paid by the department.

* In the Economics section, the procedure is that the form must be approved by the section secretary if the amount is below DKK 1000 and by the head of section if the amount is DKK 1000 and above.

Credit Card

It is not possible to get advance payments.

All full-time faculty and staff at AU, including PhD students may apply for a Mastercard. The standard credit limit is DKK 50,000 during any 30-day period, but you can apply for a temporary or permanent increase in the credit limit. 

Read more about the AU credit card and how to apply for one here: AU credit card

Please be aware that it is important to settle credit card transactions within 14 days from the day of the transaction. You do that in RejsUd.

Log-in to RejsUd

Purchase of IT equipment and broadband at your home address

Purchase of books

Each section has its own account and an amount each year where you can apply for coverage of expenses to books etc. Read more about books for teaching activities below.

PhD student should always get approval from their supervisor and then apply by sending a form to Helena Skyt Nielsen. Read more about how PhD students should apply here.

Where to buy books

Books for teaching activities

Complimentary copies

Lecturers (incl. PhD students) must always try to acquire a complimentary copy for teaching activities. This often requires that you contact the publisher directly, and you will then usually be asked to fill in a form. Many publishers have agents affiliated to our department. If you prefer to contact the agent, if any, BSS Books may give you the name of the agent.

If a complimentary copy is not an option, you must get approval from the course coordinator (list of coordinators) to have the book paid for by the Department.

Books for instructors

If books are needed for instructors and the publisher is unwilling to supply complimentary copies, the lecturer needs approval from the programme coordinator (list of coordinators) to have the books paid for by the Department.

The purchase of books for instructors must be made by the study administrator only (list of study administrators). The instructors must return the books to the  study administrator at the end of the semester. At the start of the semester, the study administrator will inform the instructors that the books are to be returned at the end of the semester.