Funding - PhD students

Application for funding

As a PhD student you can apply for departmental funding for books (to a limited extent), submission fees, travel to and from external courses and conferences, course participation and conferences. 

In order to get approval, you have to talk to your supervisor first and then send an application form to PhD secretary Susanne Christensen (

Application form for funding (PhD)

The form is mandatory for all expenses, and your subsequent travel settlement will not be accepted without this form. 

IMPORTANT: You cannot apply for travel funding for an external PhD course before the course has been pre-approved by the PhD school - See instructions here

If you need help with the form, please contact one of the research secretaries in your section.

More information on expense reimbursement:

You cannot commit to any expenses before you have applied for and obtained approval.  

You may book a flight directly with an airline if it is cheaper than booking it via AU's travel agency CWT. However, you must be able to provide documentation. Read more about funding and travelling (booking, settlement, insurance) here.

AU credit card

Please apply here: AU credit card

Settlement in RejsUd

If you have questions relating to settlement in RejsUd (our travel and expense claim system), please contact one of the research secretaries of your section. You will need the signed approval form to process your expenses in RejsUd:

PhD students belong to the same section as their main supervisor.